Center on God,
Connect in Relationship, and
Change our World.
As we center on God, I have said, we need to Know God and Know Self.
I have always thought that self-discovery happens when I pay attention to my life. That helps, but if I really want to know myself, why not ask God? Surely he knows. Last Saturday I wrote out some questions I have for God about myself. I have yet to listen for the answers, but finding the questions is a start. Here's my list. What would be on your list?
- Why have you made me?
- How am I unique and special?
- Where is my thinking on target?
- Where am I off base in my thinking?
- What should I pursue?
- What should I give up on?
- What talents am I wasting?
- What makes my heart sing?
- What is my fatal flaw?
- How can I be more fully alive?
- What do you like about me?
- What do you want to change about me?
- What lessons am I failing to learn?
- Do you care about my legacy? Should I?
- Why do you love me?
- What motivates me?
- What hurts have shaped me?
- What successes of mine really matter?
- What do you need me to hear from you now?
- What are my real talents?
- What should be my most important contribution?
- What habits will help me become my true self?
- What is your purpose for me?
- How can I move beyond myself?
- How can I delight you?