Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Prayer: Who Needs it?

Some people need prayer more than others.  At least that's what I've always thought. 

Sometimes I need prayer more than others.  At least that's what I've always thought. 

The truth is that I recognize the need for prayer more at times.  When stuff is really happening in my life, I get on my knees, because I need guidance, wisdom, and intervention.  When life is sailing along smoothly, I can give a token nod to prayer.  Lord, bless me, keep me focused, yada, yada, yada. 

I treat my prayers for other people the same way.  When I know they have a situation, I put more energy into my prayers for them.

I guess that's just the reality of life.  Surely I will always pray more when I know of a pressing need.  Maybe I can raise my level of prayer, though, when everything seems smooth. 

How my life would be different, if I could lay every day before the Lord with energy and passion and conviction!