- People are taking a fresh look at government.
- Both major parties are forced to admit flaws with their candidates.
- Third parties are receiving much more attention.
- The Washington ruling class (of both blue and red stripes) recognizes a deep fed-up-ed-ness in the American electorate.
- Many Christians see more clearly that government is not the answer.
- Christians find that they must sincerely evaluate what really matters, in terms of policy and character.
- The church can turn its attention away from partisan politics, and focus on sharing the gospel, with its call to faith, repentance, and justice.
Monday, November 7, 2016
The Good Thing about this Election
Tomorrow is election day. Like most Americans, I am ready for it to be over. But in the spirit of looking on the bright side, here are a few positives that I see: