Thursday, August 2, 2007

Day 4 by the Youth Group

Kristen: I am homesick and I want to go home! I miss you! *tear tear*

Ken: What a day, working and building relations with the residents of the Armstrong House. As good as the day was, the evening service was “Unbelievable”. That is the only word to describe last night. I would like each of the youth parents to know that your young adults are a really amazing group. I did not know how amazing, until last night. I will not go into too much detail, but each of the young adults in our youth group is a changed person. That you can believe. I am just thrilled that I got to experience the events that took place last night. God is sooooo Good!
Hallllllllllaaaaaa!!!

Kathie: Today, we finally had a cushy day, like all the rest. We had to stain deck rails in the morning, but then we took the afternoon off and went to explore the Sonnenberg mansion and grounds. It was owned by the guy who started Citi Group back in the late 1800’s. BEAUTIFUL!!! Definitely worth a trip, next time you’re in Canandaigua. As Ken said, last night showed me just how awesome our youth are. I am amazed! God has blessed us all with this experience. I can’t wait to see all of you tomorrow – we will drive carefully, we promise!

Lisa: Our last day of work was fun, but bittersweet; the girls on my crew have gotten pretty close! We have enjoyed our work, and the agency seemed very appreciative. The evening service last night was very touching, and many “life-changing” decisions have been made! The group has a new sense of unity, and a definite sense of purpose and commitment. We are going to try to drive up to Lake Ontario in a while, so we can say we’ve seen a Great Lake! (A fun way to spend our 21st anniversary!) Can’t WAIT to see my sweet Sarah tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Becca: Hi people today was soooooooo awesome….I really don’t want to go but I would like to sleep in my bed and not on the floor anymore. And I have to say that I have a big step forward in well hard to say what it would classify as but I apologized to Dennis and mom so we’re totally cool well somewhat. Its not an over night thing to fix but I’m going to work on it. and I cried more last night then I have in like five years put together. And to tell you the truth that’s really, really sad but hey its okay. I’m going to miss some people at the nursing home. Some of those elderly folk can be a hoot. But any ways cant wait to get back home to see all my other peeps and sleep in my own bed… :P Loves you guys…love you grandma and grandpa and mom and Joey and everybody else.

Cecily: Well today, like last night, was so emotional. I cried like 3 times today. Last night everyone cried for like 4 hours straight (including Daniel.. who was sweet enough to let me cry on his shoulder). So of course when I woke up this morning my eyes were like swollen shut and I put makeup on anyways thinking that’s not gunna happen again today.. but guess what?! IT DID!!! Now I gotta go redo my makeup again!! This whole experience has been completely awakening and such an eye opener. I have gained so many true friends through this whole thing and I almost don’t want to come home. BUT.. BIG BUT… I defiantly cant wait until I can get home and sleep in Mardell’s guest bed and go “home”. I also cant wait to see HG –inside joke!! (aka: JOE my bf!!) Ok. Well, I guess you’ll here more from us on Sunday morning. There’s so many things to talk about but I’m sick of typing so yeah.. See y’all tomorrow or Sunday.

Daniel: today was very messy, our crew painted and repaired an elderly lady’s fence. I had to nail in new boards and repaint. It was very hot today. I also got stabbed by a nail while I was nailing it into the fence. I love you mom, Steve, and daddy.

David: It has been an incredible week. The Holy Spirit has gotten a hold of us He has worked in our individual lives and drawn us together. And it has been FUN! Serving Jesus and loving each other is a blast!

Stacey: Last nights service was amazing…everyone cried like all night. Well today our crew finished the nursing home projects. On our way home, the air conditioning broke and the window was stuck down so all the hot air was stuck in the car. We drove to the Friendly Ford Service Center and they were just really mean to us. [so much for the friendly part] So then we were on our way home and we got lost. Anyways, we had a good day so far. We are probably going to go see Lake Ontario later and then hopefully shopping. I made a lot of friends during this week, and I especially got really close to this girl named Joyce. It’s going to be pretty hard to say goodbye. Lauren, Daniel, and I went running again this morning. It felt pretty good to start running again. Well I’ll see y’all tomorrow and I love y’all.

Lauren: Let me just start off by telling [you’s guys] that my day didn’t end as crappy as it started. It was a very touching service, it was pretty much a serious, intense stations of the cross with one of those video clips that you just bawl through. Let me just tell you that this whole experience has not only made me closer to the Lord Jesus Christ, but our whole youth group has gotten so much closer and so much out of this. Now today, It was our last day, my crew actually met some new friends that will be joining our evening program tonight. It’s sad/exciting to leave tomorrow. I have had an incredible time, but yet my bed is calling my name! oh and I miss my mom. That’s all folks!

Brianna: ok, first of all I want to say to EVERYONE that is reading this that I LOVE THEM SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH YALL!!!! Guess what! Im serious!! You will NOT believe this!!! I cried soooooooo hard for the first time for one of those worship services thingies!! I feel soooo proud of my self cuz, well first of all I cried (I know, aren’t you proud of me?)but what im really excited about is that I have a whole new look on life and my relationship with Jesus and a relation ship with ALL OF YOU THAT ARE READING THIS!!!! Im serious!!! Im not joking!!! I cried sooooo much last night. Mom if you are reading this right now call dad and tell him that I love him and that I miss him sooooooo much!!!!! I know it would mean more if it were coming from me, and I will tell him, but I still want you to say that. And Michael, I miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I know you weren’t expecting me to even talk to you on here probly, but I love you sooo much. And I want yall (as in ALL THAT IS READING THIS) to know that God loves you even more than I do!! (I know that’s kinda hard to believe…but…(jk)) no but seriously I want you all to know that God loves you sooooooo much!!

Stephanie: Hey! Okay, this has been the craziest two days in the world for me. Yesterday, at the program, I cried like I have never before cried during one of those kind of things. The whole youth group was bawling like crazy (me, too) and everyone was hugging each other. I did not expect or dare to hope for what happened. Today was very, very, very fun but soooooo awful, too, because it was our last day working. As y’all know, I was working with Hispanic kids all week. I learned SO much Spanish it isn’t even funny!! I can actually understand enough Spanish to converse with the kids now!!!!!!!! And then, WE HAD TO JUST LEAVE FOREVER. That was one of the saddest, hardest things that has ever happened to me. It is so amazing how you can grow so close to some kids that you will probably (actually, like, definitely) never see again in only four days. That was so cool! I will never forget them no matter what. The car ride back to the church where we are staying was awesome! I was with my crew and we are like so tight now!! Luna is Chinese and she taught us how to say things. She taught this kid named Austin how to say something, and then she told him it meant, “I am stupid” in Chinese. He said it so funny! It looked like he was choking on a hard-boiled egg!! I laughed as hard as I think I have ever laughed in my life!!! I am going to miss everyone so much. I hate to leave, but I miss everyone at home so much, too. I y’all rock and I can’t wait to see you again!!!!!! See you Sunday!