Thursday, June 10, 2010

Almost Getting Things Done

Last fall sometime I got the book Getting Things Done, by David Allen.  I pledged to cyber-space that I would let you know how it's working for me.  I haven't forgotten about it, and I've been working on it.  This week I got an old-fashioned paper calendar/planner. 

So far the GTD system has helped me a lot.  I'm not quite working the system properly, though.  I'm trying to figure out the difference between my projects lists, my projects folders, and my Next Actions list.  I know there is a solution, and I'm re-reading those sections of the book.

Sometimes I'm not the best at grasping the obvious.  In any event, my organization is worlds better than it used to be.  There's some good tweaking to be done.  I'll put that on my Next Actions list.