Tuesday, March 5, 2024

New Home for LOT

At the polls today I ran into an old friend who always works the polls. As we talked, she asked me where LOT 2540 is moving. I don't have all the inside information, but here is what has been shared publicly.

LOT could not renew their lease on their current property.

LOT has made an offer to purchase a suitable property in Western Rockingham County, which would be the Madison/Mayodan/Stoneville area. I have not heard if the offer was accepted, and I don't know exactly where the property is.

LOT is also pursuing a lease on retail space which would house the Thrift Store part of the ministry. Again, I don't know if the lease worked out, or where it is. The location LOT is seeking to purchase is not large enough to house the Thrift Store.

Now, here's some information that is definite. During this season of transition, our lunches and classes will be held at First Baptist Church in Mayodan. We will begin serving there on March 13. 

We serve lunch Wednesday through Saturday. Our times will shift one hour later when we move to FBC. Lunch will be served 12:30 to 2 p.m. and classes will be 1 to 2 p.m. Hope to see you there!