Saturday, December 19, 2009

Like a Kid

We got tons of snow last night. Actually it started snowing about lunchtime yesterday, and was still snowing some this morning.

What I loved most was sledding. In our neighborhood there is a cul-de-sac with a great hill and no houses on it.  Since there is no traffic, we could have open season on sledding.  Actually that's better than it was when I was a a kid -- we had to dodge parked cars and actual traffic back then.

This was almost perfect.  If it had been about 5 degrees cooler, then the snow would have been perfect.  Even when we went out again tonight, it was a little too warm for ideal conditions.

But hey, this was the best sledding I have seen since the 1970s.  Back then, my dad bought a big Flexible Flyer sled for me and my sister.  OK, he used it some, too.  I remember the three of us going down the hill together.

That very same sled took my kids down the hill today.  Lots of memories were made with this snow.  Such a fun way to get in the Christmas spirit.

Thank you, Jesus, for blessing us with the sinple pleasures of life!