Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Attitude

As I am reading Getting Things Done, I am finding a sense of hope that I can really manage the various responsibilities swirling around in my life and mind.  There is nothing like a clear desk and an empty in-box to free up one's mind.

Now my desk is not completely clear, nor my in-box completely empty.  But they are both improving, and that is what gives me hope.  I have to confess that I have not read much more in the book, but my renewed attitude makes me ready to wrestle the alligators that keep me from focusing.

Maybe it's just the Christmas season.  Maybe it is anticipating our church's new building or our presence at the Stokesdale Christmas Parade.  I just want to seize the moment and do something that will grow the kingdom of God.  That's where the real excitement is!