- When people disagree with you, they are intolerant.
- Marriage is optional for sexual relations. It offers no real benefit to society or individuals.
- Every sexual expression is fine, as long as it’s consensual.
- There is nothing sacred about sex. It’s just recreation.
- There is no reason to associate sex with parenthood. We can make sure of it.
- Nature is wrong to confine people to either femaleness or maleness. Now we can fix that.
- Nature is wrong to assign people to maleness of femaleness. Now we can switch it.
- Almost everything can be digitized, even friendship.
- Algorithms should do much of our thinking.
- In-person contact is overrated. Communication is much easier when digitized.
- Life without entertainment is unbearable.
- All risk must be eliminated from childhood play; nothing is more important than children's safety.
- It is bad for children to be bored. Someone has to fix it.
- Pain is always bad and must always be avoided, if at all possible.
- There is a pill for that. Ask your doctor.
- There’s an app for that, whatever it is.
- Negative consequences for any action should be eliminated everywhere possible.
- When something bad happens to you, somebody else should have stopped it.
- We have rights because the government says we do.
- Majority rule determines what is right and what is wrong.
- We have a long list of absolute necessities, including: cars, TVs, cell phones, internet service, and air conditioning.
- The only meaning to life is what we bring to it.
- The world is an accident, but we can make the most of it.
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Today's Enlightenment: What Our Stupid Ancestors Missed
We know so much more than all previous generations. We can now look down on their backward thinking, especially concerning these things we now know: