It's been too hot here for October, so this blog post is an effort to hurry autumn along. These are the things I like about fall.
- Stew--The cooking, the eating.
- Harvesting--I've actually got a few grape tomatoes still ripening.
- Cooler temperatures--duh
- Crisp, night skies--The stars shine brighter in the fall, it seems.
- Going to the Blue Ridge Parkway--I don't always make it in the fall, but it's a great time to go.
- Fires in the chimenea--I love to sit around the fire and listen.
- Driving through falling leaves--It gives me such a charge to drive along, cutting a path through the drifting leaves.
- Apples--Fall is the season for apples, and we have some great ones here in NC.