Daniel continued his normal routine, praying to the true God three times daily in front of a window in his home. He defied the law by praying.
But any prayer is defiance. It defies the systems of this world. Consider:
- The world says, “Look powerful,” but prayer admits powerlessness.
- The world says, “Take charge,” but prayer surrenders control.
- The world loves a show, but prayer looks dull, boring, uneventful.
- The world says, “Do the best you can,” but prayer seeks the impossible.
- The world says, “Work the system,” but prayer denies ultimate human authority.
- If you pray, you are defying this world’s system. It will cost you.
- If you pray, you will have to repent.
- If you pray, you will take on the heart of God.
- If you pray, you help bring his kingdom.