Tuesday, December 15, 2009

De-Tweeted

I often get emails telling me about the new people following me on Twitter.  That's always cool.  Most of the time, though, I have no idea who these people are.  I don't mind them following me, even if I can't figure out why they do. 

When I posted about my upcoming trip to DC, I had someone begin following me who was like a travel agent for Washington.  OK...  I guess that some people get business that way.

While I always get notified about a new follower on Twitter, I never get emails saying, "So-and-so got tired of your mindless fluff and dropped you like a wide receiver on your Fantasy Football team."  Yes, followers come and go. 

In the meantime, I'll keep on thinking of the profound, life-changing nuggets of wisdom that will draw followers like, I don't know...Oprah?

Nah.  I'd rather just share what God's doing in my life.  After all, there's not much happening on my Fantasy team.