Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Getting Things Done

I recently began a book called Getting Things Done, by David Allen.  It was highly recommended to me by a couple of friends, who, apparently, are getting things done.  When I began the book, I was intrigued by Allen's suggestion that one can be organized and peaceful at the same time.  I have often regarded the two as mutually exclusive.

I'm blogging about this as I begin the book, because I want to see if it makes any difference in my life.  I have read time management books in the past, but none of those systems really was workable for me.

Although this is a busy time of year, I expect to have some time read, because our home schooling responsibilities ease up in December.  Plus, it would be great to start the new year with a system of getting things done more effectively.

I'll let you know how it goes!