Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lost and Found

Sometimes as I worship, I find myself lost in the wonder of God's majesty and found by his grace.  Today with our guest band, "Ember," I was able to worship wide open.  God does work in my heart and mind through worship.  He changes me.

We sang "O How He Loves Me," a song done by David Crowder Band.  I think that's the name of the song.  A couple of times through the chorus, we switched the words to, "O how I love him..."  I found that it meant more to me to think about God's love for me than my love for him.  I'm not sure what to make of that.  I suppose that was simply the point at which God was connecting with me today.

I was so grateful for the opportunity to participate in worship without playing guitar.  I love to play, but this was a much needed change of pace. 

God has also been working in others' hearts.  He is leading us to commit to him, to be bold for him, to trust him.  I see his powerful work around me more and more.