Monday, January 5, 2015

Prayer Posture

In his book The Circle Maker, Mark Batterson describes a helpful prayer posture.  In prayer, one can extend his hands, palm down, and acknowledge before the Lord those things he needs to put down or let go of.  Today I found myself letting go of selfishness, worry, control, and sin.  Then one extends her hands in prayer palm up, ready to receive all that God has to give.  Today I received his perfection, forgiveness, joy, peace, perspective and purpose.

I find that this posture greatly helps me recognize and repent of sin.

It also reminds me that there is so much that God wants to give me.  He longs to pour out his power in my life.  I need to come to him to learn what he wants to give me, then willingly receive it.  I wonder how much God has wanted to give me over the decades, and I never took time to see it or receive it.

The more I stay in fellowship with Jesus through prayer, the more I will allow him to pour into my life.  He gets the glory, and I receive the joy.  Sounds like a God-plan.