Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Dictate

Today I tried something new. I have been noticing the big "Dictate" button at the top of my Microsoft Word. I thought, huh, I wonder if it really works. 

And now I know. It does. It mostly recognized my speech, and I didn't even have to turn off my Southern accent. The only word it really messed up was Mayodan, and I can hardly blame it for that. It gave me "maidan," which I never knew was a word. Maidan is a Persian word meaning, public square or open space. 

But other than that, the Dictate feature might be a big help to me. It can write as fast as I can speak, which is not all that fast. 

Next thing you know, they will have something that will think for me. Oh, wait. Isn't that what AI is?

[Writers note: This entire blog was written without the assistance of any form of artificial intelligence. Unless you count that annoying guess-the-next-word feature. Dang. Am I really thinking for myself...?]