Saturday, January 5, 2019

Keep it SImple

What do you overcomplicate?
Relationships?
Recipes?
Driving directions?
Dieting?
Gift giving?
Your addictions?
Ordinary purchases?

Access to information can be helpful. But it can also make stuff too complicated.

I routinely read food labels. Mostly I look for the ingredients. When they get too scientific, I get suspicious. I like to eat the chips whose ingredients are corn, vegetable oil, salt. Yep, that's simple. I don't have to worry about chemical properties or side effects.

When things get complicated, there is too much that can go wrong. We get lost in the details and miss the point.

Where have you gotten lost in life? Where do you feel like you have gone wrong? Maybe you are overcomplicating things. Boil it down. What's it really about? 

Keep it simple. Like food, the simple stuff may be better for you.